mandag 21. oktober 2013

CME Expedition 12

Location: Skien, Norway.
Members: 001, 004.
Type: Shelter.
Status: Re-Used.

Surfing the web, actually looking for info on another location, I stumbled across mentions of a civil defence command post literally 5 min. drive from my house. 004 was ready to go that day as he hadn't been out exploring for a while, so I picked him up on the way there. The place we were headed to, called command post Bergsland was at one point sold to the municipality of Skien, who in turn intended to use it as an archive for the municipality. It is still in use as an archive today, so there was no hope of entering it at this stage. That being said, I do have plenty of unanswered questions and unconfirmed locations that need answering, so I might get in touch with them at some later date. If so, I will be sure to bring my camera with me. Anyway we rolled up to the front..catching weird looks from the next door neighbour watering the plants in her garden, and I can't say I really blame her, considering the following from her point of view.. (Here she is, enjoying herself when all of a sudden this car she hasn't seen before rolls up, two bearded guys come jumping out, taking a few pictures of the door next to her house, leading off into the mountain, and no sooner had they come, they jump back in the car and drive off, nodding their heads to her, smiling, as they pass.) Bet that was a topic around the dinner table that evening. On a side note, luckily this ain't the home of the brave..or she would have taken a quick phone call and we would have been renditioned off to some remote location for "questioning". Well, enough ranting..Let's see what this place looks like..


Command Post Bergsland
Entrance
As with the location in Expedition 2, this entrance has also clearly been rebuilt. I don't know if the usual blast proof doors are still intact behind what we can see today though. Again there was this sign warning about surveillance, but either they have been very clever at concealing it, or it simply doesn't exist. A bit off to the right hand side in the first picture, just outside the frame we again found a strange feature. In Expedition 2, I speculated whether or not it could be connected to some sewer system. Finding it again here, in just the same position in relation to the shelter and identical, I draw the conclusion that at both locations it has something to do with the shelter itself. I'll throw up a picture for you..so you can compare it to the similar looking feature in Expedition 2.

What Are These?

Finishing off, i'm just gonna throw out a little speculative something..if you compare these two images, you'll probably, just as I have, notice that there are manholecovers in front at both locations. I for one, would sure like to have a look inside, to figure it out. One thing is for sure..We'll keep it in mind if we come across these at a seemingly abandoned or disused location.

-Caveman 001-

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar